As much as I love journalism, it’s not my only joy in life (though I’m sure this blog would convince you otherwise). As such, I thought it’d be a random, fun quirky idea to get a list going of some random facts about me that are (for the most part) completely unrelated to journalism. And, if you have any questions about me, journalism related or not, you can check out my Formspring account and shoot me some questions!
Anyhoo, here we go…
1. My favorite movie of all time is Footloose. If you watch the movie with me, you will have to endure hearing me quote the film line by line from start to finish.
2. I have a slightly unhealthy fascination with Pauly Shore. NO, not the dude from Jersey Shore. PAULY. SHORE. That weird dude with the funny clothes who makes terribly awful, but extremely entertaining, non-award-winning movies.
3. I am a dedicated fan of professional wrestling, both WWE and the independent wrestling scene in the Midwest. Aside from journalism, pro wrestling is one of my biggest passions.
4. I skipped my senior prom to attend an independent wrestling show in Nashville, Ill. It was totally worth it. No regrets.
5. I wrote for a professional wrestling website during my senior year of high school and my freshman year of college. I stopped writing for the site because I was promoted to Opinion Editor at my college paper.
6. I was on the track team as a distance runner for three years in high school.
7. Most days I feel like I was born in the wrong decade. I’m a 90s kid by birth, but an 80s kid at heart.
8. Going to concerts is just as addicting as going to pro wrestling events.
9. I’m a book worm. But being a journalist that shouldn’t be surprising.
10. I think it would be awesome to one day write the biography of my mentor. If that day comes, that will be the highlight of my writing career.